Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Flying J-erk Around

Lately it seems that there are more problems at work than there are in the negotiations for the Mayweahter/Pacquiao bout. With fifteen minutes being cut from our work day (Turning an 8 hour day into a 7 hour and forty-five minute day) for some reason that I don't fully understand it has now come to my attention that they are now cutting our hours back so now we work a 7 hour work day (Work day is now 6:45). There hasn't been any real explanation as to why this is happening, how long it is happening for but I must say that I'm kind of pissed off about this. Also keep in mind that we have to clock out for our twenty minute lunch which cuts me down to 6:25. And this is before deductions by the way. I'm going to bring this up tomorrow because at the moment they keep throwing more responsibilities my way (Am I ever going to complete my training?) and if I'm working only 6 hours and twenty five minutes a day then shouldn't I get a raise? I know some people might be thinking, "Just who do you think you are?" Well, I'm 23, renting a room for $500 a month, have to pay bills, buy groceries, clothing (though its mostly socks) and occasionally buy a taxi (about 25 bucks to get to work) should I be running late or public transit isn't operating that day they call me in. And I've also heard that I'm not entitled to double-time-and-a-half because I haven't been at Flying J for a certain amount of time (I believe it's 3 or 4 months) which has really got me pissed off if that turns out to be true. I think it is time to start looking for another job. Oh and they got me on the afternoon shift which sucks balls.

No comments:

Updates

  So it's been a while since I've done one of these. 78 days to be exact.