Friday, December 18, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...?

Since the beginning of the month, despite the cycle of songs on the radio throughout the Flying J, I cannot seem to get into the Christmas spirit. Even more shocking to me is how quickly the month has been flying by when in comparison to November. The days just seemed to drip through time like syrup whereas now I feel like there are never enough hours in the day either to do some shopping for my family (and myself) or to sleep. I found out today that I will be working Christmas day which did not come as too much of a surprise to me. I'm one of the newest recruits and it's also on one of my regular work days. While I'm promised double time (double time and a half, maybe?), I'm expecting it to be a slow day. The odd Jewish or Muslim truck driver will come in for a coffee and there might be a fair share of drivers coming in to make the long weekend holiday trek to a relative's house. Hopefully it will be a quick day without too many assholes being a Scrooge about the prepay system. Right now I don't have any major plans for Christmas day after I get home from work (I start work at 6:45) since my landlords will be at their family's house that day. I've thought about preparing a sort of different, unorthodox Christmas dinner consisting of roasted scallops and sirloin steak. Not sure what dessert will be but I think it'll be something already made, since I don't want to do a lot of cooking that day. Granted a lot of cooking is Christmas day but those people aren't working eight hours and dealing with potential assholes. Speaking off the assholes, I think they're noticing a trend. If they bitch long and hard enough and if a manager is present, the manager will wilt and allow us to override the prepay system and let them pump before paying. If they're going to cut corners everytime some fat slob jumps up and down long enough, why have the system. Fuck, I hope I can find a new job soon.

No comments:

Updates

  So it's been a while since I've done one of these. 78 days to be exact.