Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sick

I usually don't get sick around this time of year. It always happens in the new year, around January or February. However tradition was broken as I came home from work yesterday only to find myself burning up and my limbs starting to feel really sore. The fact that I could feel my stomach getting worse and worse did not help things any. My landlord offered my a dinner of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches while his 14 month old twins watched Baby Einstein videos on their new portable DVD players but I knew what was going to happen and didn't want to waste any food. Eventually I found myself in my bathroom with a fit of dry heaves. That's the thing with me when I'm sick-nothing ever comes up on it's own. There's always a loud cry from me and then pretty soon thar she blows. I could taste the hot chocolate I had consumed earlier at work and could clearly see it in the color. There was also a hint of cherry but I have no idea where that came from (Doesn't it sound like I've just come from a wine tasting party?). Of course the sound of my dry heaving had my landlord knock on the door and ask if I needed anything. When stuff like this normally happens, I just want to be left alone until it's all out of my system. And oddly enough after that I already start to feel better. "This is all your fault," I told my landlord's son after I emerged from the bathroom. Two nights earlier he had thrown up at the dinner table which didn't help my appetite one bit. It probably wasn't bright of me to bring leftovers from that night to work with me yesterday but the more you know... I called work maybe five minutes later and told them that I wasn't going to be able to make it in. It surprised me that C (my weekend supervisor) was in and I informed her of what had happened. Right now I'm in recovery mode. I know that I'm going to be back on my feet in 24 hours and that I'm not too sick since I wasn't up for half the night having trippy dreams that look like an acid trip.

No comments:

Updates

  So it's been a while since I've done one of these. 78 days to be exact.