Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Where Am I?

I didn't die.



I just got busy. It's safe to say that the past 365 days have been some of the busiest in my 29(!) years on this planet. What's been taking up a lot of my time has been work. Finding consistent staff to work on a consistent basis has been an uphill battle and sadly me and the rest of the capable ones are left picking up the slack every time someone decides to no-show, quit or when they get fired.

Lately we had two employees who I was very keen about. One would get a bit overexcited about things and ramble on about things so quickly that you wanted to smack him upside the head and say, "Hey, Woody Allen! Calm down, focus on the job at hand!"

The other guy was mostly quiet but a really good worker. I was planning on telling my boss that if he kept at the level he was performing at, I could see him possibly being a team leader. He was fast, efficient and could do the job correctly.

Well the first one got fired due to outside problems (Don't show up to work drunk, kids. And if you need to throw up and there's a toilet in front of you, don't barf in the sink. That's where I want to wash my hands.) and the second one just didn't show up after he specifically told me that he would be showing up. (Maybe that thumbs up he gave me was meant to be a middle finger)

With the Christmas season here, we know that it's fucking go time and unfortunately my big concern is that by the time it ends a majority of us will be burnt out but for the most part, I'm holding on. In the hours that I'm not working or desperately trying to catch up on sleep, I'm still happily contributing to The Basement Vagrants Podcast and though at times I've been really slack, I'm still creating new podcasts for BOXING 4 FREE. And when I'm not being boxing's Rush Limbaugh, I'm spending my time going to Starbucks and writing a webcomic.

That's not a joke. For almost three years I've been writing stories about a team of young superheroes (Not the most original idea, I know). The whole process has been interesting to see the least and I'm not saying that it's going to be on the internet anytime soon. Right now I'm still trying to finish the script for the first story and then maybe I can begin looking for an artist who can help me bring this story to life...so to speak. But then of course you have to factor in how much an artist charges per page and if that includes inking, colors etc.

Like I said, I'm not really focusing on that now, right now I'm just working on the writing part because if it's not good, as All Star Batman and Robin showed, the art can be gorgeous but it's not enough to save a shitty story.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for myself right now. Hopefully it won't be another 8 months before I update this blog again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're giving Rush Limbaugh too much credit.

Updates

  So it's been a while since I've done one of these. 78 days to be exact.